How to Wear a Cycling Cap: The Women of SWAT

Alright, I confess, I didn't know what SWAT stood for. I think I may have known once, but don't remember. I just don't know. The why-memorize-incidentals-when-you-can-just-look-them-up mentality, has been taken a bit too far, I suppose. Now I can't seem to remember what bike I rode yesterday. But hey, I can look it up. Anyway, SWAT have had an especially visual, vocal and even, musical presence at the CX races this season, so I also confess I was curious to refresh my memory. As we awaited our orders at the food truck last Sunday, I could have asked la femme, who selected the comfy looking boulder next to my own granite choice, or rather I could have fake-asked the question, as I had already checked the interwebs.

SWAT - She Wolf Attack Team

For the longest time, it seems, you would rarely gaze upon a woman wearing a cycling cap. I am talking about the '80s and '90s now. Maybe part of that was because most women rode in different circles than my own. Maybe they didn't want to muss up their hair. Maybe they thought caps were too cyclist. Whatever. I don't know. Lately, I have been seeing them more and more, from the ladies on the local rides, to those on the race circuit. Maybe it is because more women are doing the competitive thing these days. Maybe worries about mussed hair is only for dilettantes and sissy girls. Maybe there is no such thing as too cyclist. Anyway, the women of SWAT, with their DIRT FOO jersey/shirts, have the cap wearing art nailed, and look like they are having a lot of fun while doing it.








Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing about cycling caps. It is the best for the head when running cycling on the road.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment