Monday Vintage: Finely Weathered


Lookee here, the folks at Bodie State Historic Park knew I was headed up that way and placed this old ruin out where I would see it with a little looking. Or maybe not. Anyway the finely weathered frame, or what remains of it, fits right in with all that finely weathered wood at the old ghost town.

I don't know what brand this bike may once have been, but nothing special would be my guess.  Maybe it came from a Sears catalog in the early to mid-1900s. The joining of the tubes, at the front especially looks pretty rudimentary. With broken fork and broken stays, and a deep rust patina, its most functional purpose now will be as an artifact.

Although it has been a number of years since my last visit I don't recall seeing this leaning against one of the old houses at Bodie anytime previously. Maybe it is a recent addition.




Comments