Improving

Apparently there has been an influx of funds for Bonelli and there have been numerous recent "improvements" to make the park more "user friendly," things like signs, new gates, and a whole flotilla of yellow personal watercraft waiting, I assume, to be rented. Bonelli, as you may know, is the proposed site for the Olympic mountain bike races in 2024, and I wonder if there is some kind of far-sighted tie-in going on. Anyway, when these signs first appeared, I thought "cool", but now they are popping up all over and I am thinking "sign, sign, everywhere a sign, blockin' out the scenery, breakin' my mind.

I never get tired of that view

think I finally figured out what those switchbacks are about; the whole hillside around there has been planted with youngling trees. the closest one to my passing wheels appeared to be an oak, but there should be a variety. More of those improvements, perhaps?

another sign - this one, I believe, denoting preparation of a triathlon this weekend

still down and blocking the trail along Puddingstone. we could use a little improvement here, guys

another view I never get tired of

thanks for the photo, Rocky. That is exactly how I felt - done in. Nothing like a nice day to remind you how little riding you have done over the preceding weeks of less-than-nice days. On the other hand these past couple warm sunny days have done wonders for the roads and trails, the mud mostly dried up. Have a terrific weekend, and make some time to ride.

Comments