Two Wheel Tuesday: Pa'lante

For the past couple of days I have been enjoying listening to a new album (The Navagator) by Alynda Mariposa Segarra and Hurray for the Riff Raff, and in particular a song called Pa'lante which, according to my very limited Espanol means "forward" as in "keep moving forward." While being a great campaign slogan, pa'lante is also especially good advice when attempting to weave your way along a narrow trail through a thicket of beautiful, but oppressive mustard. Keep those pedals spinning, keep moving forward. Just ask the mrs. what happens when you don't. But that was Friday, this was Tuesday and none of the five of us on the TWT mtb ride had much problem with maintaining that forward momentum up the switchbacks. I am guessing each of us picked up some of those little yellow blossoms somewhere on our bike or body. I even managed to pick up a little yellow spider; not allowing hitch hikers on my bike, though, I blew her back onto the verge beside the trail. There she was soon lost to sight in the blooms.

caught some of the road group coming up Heckler Hill



the mustard is high, the way is wide at this point


I don't know how it happened, but somehow I ended up with two of the La Verne Brewing Company's finest post ride drinks. Is that moving forward in some way?

Pa'lante!

Comments