5 Photos in 5 Times 18 Minutes

You know, it really was not supposed to be so warm today, but from the time of my first pedal stroke the sky just had no breath to it. Nothing between a gusty exhale and a soft sigh to be felt, so excepting the times when riding down hill created my own breeze, hot is exactly what it was.


A few weeks ago, during the Two Wheel Tuesday ride, we watched a helicopter descend onto the lake to suck up some water for a little nearby fire. I wasn't sure where the fire was burning, and had completely forgotten about it until riding along the far north side of Bonelli and finding this small patch of blackened earth and wood, the scent still somewhere above faint.

Never have ridden the bit of trail that comes down the hillside...

right to the spot where someone's Davey was laid to rest.

both road and mountain versions of Heckler Hill

Later I found this nice piece of toffee, lacking the chocolate layer and nuts on top. The couple riders I kept playing trail leapfrog with probably dropped it to slow me up. It was awfully gritty though, when I bit into it, and tasted like sandstone.

Comments