Thirsty Thursday: Now or Never


I arrived home from work this evening to find an email from USA Cycling, to whit: "Thank you for supporting USA Cycling. We wanted to let you know that your order (racing license) has shipped." I have not renewed that license since that ill-fated, unprepared and under-trained 2014 season during which I suffered not a single race to spoil my weekend riding. Well, it is do or don't now. I see three options before me: First I can not race and simply call the license fee a "donation"; I can attempt to race without proper training, which really is not much different than the first option; or I can get serious and do more than just show up at the beginning of rides (like the Thirsty Thursdays with the Bicycle Friends or, dare I utter the words Rose Bowl) to have my photo taken.










Comments