This Bud's for You, 4 April

 That long straightaway to the line - more distance to surge ahead, or more distance to fall behind:



Lately I have been considering, maybe thinking about starting to consider the possibility that I might want to look into renewing my racing license as a step toward racing again. I am not sure how long the idea has been lurking at the back of my mind, and I am not sure what it was about the Easter Sunday Criterium that pushed it forward, but there it is; when I close my eyes I see it. I see it in all those lines and circles I draw at work. I feel it when I sit the saddle and force myself to push the pace. At the same time, this song keeps popping up too:

"Lunatic fringe
I know you're out there
You're in hiding
And you hold your meetings
I can hear you coming
I know what you're after..."

Comments